Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Collaboration as a Theme for This Year In the Art Room

Last year the theme in the art room was about getting inspired and finding specific sources for inspiration.

I used a very large image of a paint brush and on the bristles we made it look like it was dipped into all the colors of the spectrum.


Our new theme for the 2010 - 2011 school year will be COLLABORATION
Close up of one of the speech bubbles to help students be familiar with our theme this year.
This year the new theme centers on the word "Collaborate".
It has been defined as working together and cooperating with one another to get the most accomplished in art class.

My students are coming up with some expressions to be written on speech bubbles to go above the lions' heads.
I hope to encourage more student talk about the theme of collaboration in the very near future. 

Perhaps those student that finish assigned work early will  make some collaborative art.  I am going to encourage early finishers to work on artist trading cards and I hope to have one painting on stretched canvas completed for each quarter of the school year.

1 comment:

Snippety Gibbet said...

I love it! And it just so happens I've been Googling ideas for bulletin boards for the past hour. jan